The two sunsets

The two sunsets

Some years ago, I've really lost track, my little brother spent a night dying, while I watched the sunset twice. He was in Austin, I was in Taos. I was sharing an irreplaceable moment with my wife, and he was alone. It was a bullet wound to the head, and although many people have many opinions about exactly what happened the result is the same:  DAVES NOT HERE. 

      As he died in Austin, Kelley and I had found a dirt and gravel road in the Taos ski valley. The road we were on led to the shale fall. There's a sign that reads:  PRECARIOUS ROAD, and it is........she and I sat on the hood of my green 1970's Toyota Land Cruiser that was rusting away and smoked a joint while the sun set. She said, "that was so beautiful, I wish we could see it again."  I thought to myself, "precarious road runs northwest uphill." As many sunsets on mountains I'd seen before, I suddenly realized,  "We can see it again, just get in the jeep and drive."  We did and I saw my first evening sunrise, then we sat and watched a second sunset on the same day David died. I didn't learn until the next day he had died. Don't ever tell me there's no GOD.......  but DAVES still not here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polynomic Oligarchies #BGCallan