Last time I checked, I'm not dead yet.

I'm not dead yet. 
I should be more than once, but 
for what ever reason, I'm still here. I've thought about suicide before, actually gotten close a few times. I lost my baby brother to suicide or murder, were never going to be sure, who knows. Served in the army - Witnessed many violent deaths. I’ve lost way too many brilliant friends at way too young an age. I’ve been sexually assaulted, robed, raped, hungry, dead broke, addicted to drugs and alcohol, rich and lost it all (more than once).  I’ve been accused of crimes  I  didn't commit, been to jail several times, once for an entire month. I've been slandered, bullied, smeared, belittled, betrayed, and beaten down by this world in ways I can't even describe, but I'm still here. In some ways I'm the luckiest guy in the world. I lived my dream and sang to an audience, who was silent and listened to every word I said, for at least 5 nights per week for 23 years. I've written and produced  multiple recordings.  I’ve experienced connection and love in depths beyond me, and I somehow still managed to climb out of that black hole every single time.   

I’m lucky and blessed, and last time I checked, I’m not dead yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polynomic Oligarchies #BGCallan